Kiyomizu Machiya Inn
|Prices will be charged in Japan Yen||Full Rate||Tue 28 Mar 2023||Wed 29 Mar 2023||Thu 30 Mar 2023||Fri 31 Mar 2023||Sat 01 Apr 2023||Sun 02 Apr 2023||Mon 03 Apr 2023||Tue 04 Apr 2023||Wed 05 Apr 2023||Thu 06 Apr 2023||Fri 07 Apr 2023||Sat 08 Apr 2023||Sun 09 Apr 2023||Mon 10 Apr 2023|
Kiyomizu Machiya Inn - Standard RatePhotos Details
|Move the mouse over the price for inclusions, occupancy and minimum stay|
GREAT LOCATION -Voted the no.1 location to stay in Kyoto- This rare beautifully restored, fully licensed Inn, is next door to the 1400 year old Yasaka Pagoda. Gion, Pontocho, Yasaka Shrine, Kiyomizu Temple, and Gion Corner are a 5-10 minute walk away. Lots of restaurants, shopping, pubs, supermarkets and public transportation close by. Come and experience old Kyoto is this fabulous machiya!
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Fresh linen supplied
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Non-Smoking Property
- Free WiFi
- Guest Laundry
Kiyomizu Machiya Inn - Standard Rate Book
Please update Description
- Shower over bath
- Stove top
- Clock Radio
- Fridge - Fullsize
- Cable/Satellite TV
- Linen and Towels Provided
- Wireless Internet
- Tea/Coffee Making
- Dining Setting
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Lounge Area
- Queen bed
- Alarm Clock
- Iron/Ironing board
- Laundry Facilities
- 3 Single Beds
Terms & Conditions
To complete your reservation, we require payment of one night's deposit, which will be processed shortly with your credit card information. IF YOU HAVE PREPAID THEN NO FURTHER ACTION IS REQUIRED. If you cancel after the payment, we will refund 100% of the deposit providing you notify us one day prior to check-in. If you have not prepaid, the balance or final payment is due 30 days prior to check-in. In those cases whereby the reservation is for the upcoming month, full payment is required. If we are unable to process your credit card for some reason, we will ask you for another payment method. If you do not wish to proceed with this booking, please kindly cancel immediately so no charges will occur.
NOTE: There is no fee for the initial house cleaning. The house is completely cleaned at our expense after the Guest checks out. House cleaning during your stay can be arranged for an additional fee of 6,500 yen (plus 10% tax) per service. Please let us know in advance so we can arrange.
The Guest can cancel free of charge until one day prior to arrival.
No show 100%
Day of arrival 100%
House Regulations of Kyoto Machiya Inn:
To ensure comfort and safety of the Machiya, we ask the Guests to abide by the following house rules according to Article 11 of Kyoto Machiya Inn Terms and Conditions:
1. Use of firearms that causes fire in the Machiya's premises is forbidden.
2. Smoking is prohibitted on all areas of the Machiya.
3. The Machiya is a wooden building and shares walls with its neighbours, so please refrain from making loud noises.
4. Following are prohibited:
a) Animals and birds
b) Items that emit foul odour
c) Items of great quantity
d) Volatile or ignitable items such as explosives and gasoline
e) Fireams and weapons that are not legally approved
f) Marijuana, amphetamines
5. Refrain from gambling and bad behaviour in the Machiya
6 Do not remove any items from the Machiya.
7. Use of bath while intoxicated is strictly forbidden.
Article 1. Scope of Application
1. Contracts for Accommodation and related agreements between the Machiya and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. Any particulars not provided for herein shall be governed by laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practices.
2. In cases where the Machiya has entered into a special contract with the Guest, insofar as such special contract does not violate laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practices, notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these.
3. Unless specified the Machiya does not provide any services other than accommodation.
Article 2. Refusal of Accommodation Contracts
The Machiya may refuse to provide accommodation in the following cases:
1. When the accommodation requests not conform with these provisions.
2. When the person seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct yourself in a manner that will contravene the laws or the maintenance of public peace and order in regard to accommodation.
3. When the person seeking accommodation can be clearly detected as carrying an infective disease.
4. When the Machiya is requested to assume an unreasonable burden in regard to the Guest's accommodation.
5. When this Machiya is incapable of providing accommodation due to natural calamities, damage to its facilities and or other unavoidable causes.
6. When the Guest carrying dangerous goods such as oil stoves and harmful items to human bodies.
7. When the Guest have received the application listed in Article 11 in the past.
Article 3. Application for Accommodation Contracts
The Guest who intends to make an application for an Accommodation Contract with the Machiya shall notify the Machiya of the following particulars:
1. Name, sex, nationality, address, telephone number, of the Guest.
2. Date of accommodation, estimated time of arrival, company name of the Guest, and name and contact number of the person making the reservation.
3. Other particulars deemed necessary by this Machiya.
In the case when the Guest requests, extension for the accommodation beyond the date in subparagraph 2 of the preceding Paragraph during his of her stay, it shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contract only if there is no reservation placed on the room, and the Machiya has approved the Guest's application, and deposit for the extended stay has been paid.
Article 4. Conclusion of Accommodation Contract and Related Agreement
1. A Contract for Accommodation shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Machiya has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the Article 3, and has confirmed the payment of application fee (equal in amount to accommodation deposit) by the date specified by the Machiya (within 3 days after the application has been made, excluding bank holidays). However, the same shall not apply when it has been proved that the Machiya has not accepted the application. The person making the application is responsible for paying relevant bank transfer fees.
2. The deposit shall be first used for the Total Accommodation Charges to be paid by the Guest, then secondly for the cancellation charges under Article 5 as applicable, and the remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of the payment of the Accommodation Charges.
3. When the Guest has failed to pay the application fee by the date as stipulated in the preceding paragraph, the Machiya shall treat the Accommodation Contract as invalid.
Article 5. Cancellation of Reservation
In cases where the guest has cancelled the Accommodation Reservation in whole or in part, the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in the cancellation charge table.
1. In the case when the Guest does not appear on the accommodation date without an advance notice, the Machiya may regard the Accommodation Contract as being cancelled by the Guest.
2. When the number of days contracted is shortened, no money will be refunded regardless of the number of days shortened.
Article 6. Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Machiya
The Machiya has the right to cancel Accommodation Reservation as the following case except the other provisions are provided:
1. In cases from Article 2, paragraph 2 to paragraph 7.
2. The guest does not notify the particulars listed in the Article 3, paragraph 1 by the requested time.
3. The guest does not pay Accommodation Deposit in case of the Article 4.
In cases where the Accommodation Reservation has cancelled in accordance with the preceding paragraph, the Accommodation Deposit shall be refunded if it has already been received.
Article 7. Check-in & Check-out Time
1. The time of which the Guest can check-in is anytime after 4pm, and the Guest must leave the premises before the check-out time, which is 11am.
2. No extensions to Check-In or Check-out Time are permitted unless approved in advance.
Article 8. Payment of Accommodation Charges
Accommodation charges shall be paid by the date specified by the Machiya. Accommodation charges shall be paid even if the guest voluntarily does not utilize the accommodation facilities once such facilities have been made available to him/her by the Machiya.
Article 9. Observance of House Regulations
The Guest shall observe the House Regulation established by the Machiya.
Article 10. Refusal of Accommodation Contracts
In cases of following situation, the Machiya shall have the right to cancel Accommodation Contracts even if the Machiya has once accepted the Guest.
1. In cases from Article 2, paragraph 2 to 7.
2. In cases where the Guest bring visitors into the room.
3. In cases where the Guest violates the House Regulations listed in the preceding article.
4. When the Guest does not observe the rules prohibiting certain actions specified under the House Regulations stipulated by the Machiya, such as smoking, and mischief to the fire fighting facilities.
Article 11. Liabilities of the Machiya
1. The responsibility of this Machiya concerning accommodation starts from the time the Guest checks in, and terminated at the time the Guest checks out of the Machiya.
2. When the guest can no longer be accommodated due to reasons for which this Machiya is responsible, the Machiya shall arrange to secure accommodation of the same or similar standard for the guest at facilities elsewhere, excepting cases of natural calamities and other causes making its observance difficult. In such a case, there shall be no charge to the guest for the accommodation at this Machiya for the day.
3. In case of paragraph 2 described above, the Machiya cannot be responsible for compensation greater than the amount of accommodation charge.
4. The Machiya does not provide any services other than accommodation.
5. The Machiya is not responsible for any injury, accident, or stolen items of the guests, unless proved to be caused by negligence by the owner or staff or contractors whilst acting in the cause of employment.
Article 12. Handling of Deposited Articles
1. The Machiya does not handle or keep deposited articles.
2. The Machiya shall not be liable for the loss or destruction of the possessions of Guests, including cash and other valuables, unless there was willful or gross negligence by the Machiya or any of its employees.
Article 13. Custody of Baggage and Belongings of the Guest
The Machiya cannot accept and keep the Guest's baggage and belongings prior to arrival.
Article 14. Parking Space
The Machiya does not have parking space for the Guests.
Article 15. Liabilities of the Guest
The Guest shall compensate the Machiya for any damage caused intentionally or through negligence on the part of the Guest.
Article 16. Jurisdiction and Applicable Laws
Litigation arising from the Terms & Conditions for Accommodation contract will be resolved in Kyoto District Court or Kyoto Summary Court in the jurisdiction of the Machiya and in accordance with Japanese law.
Remarks: Calculation of Accommodation Charges
The Machiya does not have a child rate.
To complete your reservation, we require payment of one night's deposit, which will be processed shortly with your credit card information. IF YOU HAVE PREPAID THEN NO FURTHER ACTION IS REQUIRED. If you cancel after the payment, we will refund 100% of the deposit providing you notify us one day prior to check-in. The balance or final payment is due 30 days prior to check-in. In those cases whereby the reservation is for the upcoming month, full payment is required. If we are unable to process your credit card for some reason, we will ask you for another payment method. If you do not wish to proceed with this booking, please kindly cancel immediately so no charges will occur.
The Guest can cancel free of charge until one day prior to arrival.
No show 100%
Day of arrival 100%