Smith Street Villa
|Prices will be charged in Australia Dollars||Full Rate||Fri 26 Feb 2021||Sat 27 Feb 2021||Sun 28 Feb 2021||Mon 01 Mar 2021||Tue 02 Mar 2021||Wed 03 Mar 2021||Thu 04 Mar 2021||Fri 05 Mar 2021||Sat 06 Mar 2021||Sun 07 Mar 2021||Mon 08 Mar 2021||Tue 09 Mar 2021||Wed 10 Mar 2021||Thu 11 Mar 2021|
House Standard RatePhotos Details
1 person ratePhotos Details
|Move the mouse over the price for inclusions, occupancy and minimum stay|
It’s a self-contained Bed and Breakfast, private for one guest group at a time, whether for one guest or 10, so you don’t share with anyone you don’t know. Tariffs are based on the number of guests and the number of nights; and include full breakfast provisions.
The 1910 freestone villa of generous proportions has five bedrooms and two bathrooms and has proved very popular with guests who like to be only a short walk from shops and services.
There are two queen-sized bedrooms, two double bedrooms and a twin bedroom (with two single beds, which can be converted to a queen bed). The double bedrooms are small.
The sitting room has comfortable leather sofas and recliners, a wood-burning combustion heater, TV and DVD player.
The main bathroom has a full-sized bath, shower, vanity and WC; and a second bathroom has a shower over a half-sized bath and vanity, with a separate WC adjoining. The laundry area has a washing machine, dryer, iron and ironing board.
A country “eat-in” kitchen (completely renovated in 2013) has a solid timber table and seats up to ten guests as well as cooktop, oven, microwave, dishwasher, cookware, cutlery, crockery and glasses.
Smith Street Villa has ducted reverse cycle air conditioning in four of the five bedrooms; wall-mounted reverse cycle air conditioners in the sitting room and kitchen; and a wood-burning combustion heater in the sitting room.
A feature of the house is a modern very large back verandah with decking and a barbecue and outdoor setting – ideal for casual meals, drinks and snacks overlooking the back garden. The verandah is completely fenced, so it’s very safe for children, and has a ramp for easy access as well as steps leading to the garden.
Smith Street Villa is one of six properties owned and run by Naracoorte Cottages. Richard Peake and Judy Barton established this “people friendly” Bed and Breakfast business in 1995 and have welcomed thousands of satisfied guests from South Australia, interstate and overseas.
Naracoorte Cottages offers comfort, convenience and cleanliness with all modern amenities. The B&Bs are ideal for singles, couples, families and groups – as well as corporate guests – for one overnight stopover or a longer stay. They are private for one guest group at a time – even if there’s only one guest.
Bed linen, towels and toiletries are provided. Tariffs are value for money and include generous full breakfast provisions (eggs, bacon, tomatoes, fruit juice, boxed cereals, bread, jams and spreads, tea, instant coffee, coffee grounds and milk); and a complimentary 750ml bottle of wine with every booking.
Families and children are welcome (cot, high chair and change table can be provided if needed).
Naracoorte Cottages has a 3-night minimum at Easter, a 3-night minimum when weekends coincide with 2 public holidays and a 2-night minimum at other public holiday periods such as Christmas Day, Proclamation Day, New Year’s Day, Australia Day, Anzac Day etc. Acceptance of bookings of our larger houses for small groups may be declined, depending on the availability of smaller houses and the demand at different times of year, such as peak holiday periods.
- DVD Library
- WiFi Internet
- Free WiFi
- BBQ Area
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Non-Smoking Property
- Fresh linen supplied
- Broadband Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- Free Parking
- Full Kitchen
- Guest Laundry
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Fire Place
House Standard Rate Book
Please Update Description
- Shower over Bath/Spa
- Linen provided
- DVD Player
- Alarm Clock
- Cable/Satellite TV
- Iron/Ironing board
- Tea/Coffee Making
- Fridge - Fullsize
- Sofa Bed
- 2nd bathroom
Terms & Conditions
Information for guests
The following Terms and Conditions and House Rules are for the information of guests and those who may consider making a booking with Naracoorte Cottages. Variations may be agreed in writing (including email) by Naracoorte Cottages.
By making a booking and paying a deposit or a tariff, you accept these Terms and Conditions and House Rules.
A. WHAT WE PROVIDE
The house is self-contained and private for one guest group at a time, so you do not share the house with other guests who you do not know. There is no host resident on the property, but Naracoorte Cottages employs housekeepers who live in the town and who can be contacted by phone. The owner is also available by phone and email.
Bedrooms and bathrooms. Our houses range from 2 to 5 bedrooms and from 1 to 3 bathrooms. When you make a booking and tell us the number of adults (couples and singles) and children, we ask a housekeeper to prepare the appropriate number of bedrooms and bathrooms for the booking. For example, if we receive a booking for 2 adults, we assume the guests are a couple who share a bed, so we would prepare 1 king or 1 queen bedroom and 1 bathroom. If a couple sleep separately, you need to tell us in advance that you need 2 single beds or 2 king single beds in the same bedroom or 2 separate bedrooms. For 2 single adults, we would prepare 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (if the house has 2 bathrooms). It is important for guests to note that the bedrooms and bathrooms which are not required for a booking will be locked. This is to avoid Naracoorte Cottages having to clean and service all of the bedrooms and bathrooms after each stay, when only a certain number of them are actually required by the booking; and to avoid having to incur a considerable extra cost. If you arrive at a house and you are not satisfied with our choice of bedrooms and bathrooms for your group, you are welcome to contact the owner or a housekeeper. Even when some bedrooms and bathrooms are locked, guests still have the use of all of the house’s living areas, kitchen, laundry, deck etc.
Amenities. Everything is supplied, including bed linen, bathtowels, a fully equipped kitchen and laundry, free local call telephone, free access to broadband Internet, TV and DVD player.
Breakfast. The standard tariff includes Bed and Breakfast. Full breakfast provisions for each day of the stay comprise bacon and eggs, tomatoes, fruit juice, boxed and packaged cereals, bread and spreads, tea, coffee and milk. Alternative provisions can be supplied to suit dietary requirements (eg gluten free, vegetarian etc) provided that Naracoorte Cottages is given enough notice before the first day of your stay.
B. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Booking and cancellation. Bookings are accepted on a first come, first served basis. An enquiry by you, or a quotation by Naracoorte Cottages, does not constitute a confirmed booking.
A booking will specify the number of guests (adult couples, adult singles, children aged 2-17 years old and children under 2 years old) and the tariff is based on the number and type of guests and the number of nights of the stay. You may not accommodate any additional guests (who are not included in the booking) in the house or in the grounds (such as setting up tents on the lawn) and you may not allow guests who have not been booked to stay overnight in our accommodation to use stay overnight and use the facilities of the house (see also 2. Gatherings under HOUSE RULES).
Bookings are usually accepted upon payment of a deposit (unless time or distance make this impractical or unless otherwise agreed), which can be paid by Electronic Funds Transfer, cash, cheque, money order, Master Card, Visa Card or American Express; or bookings can be accepted by an agent authorised by Naracoorte Cottages. Bookings are usually confirmed in writing when time and distance allow.
The balance of the tariff is payable in full on the day of arrival or by a date specified in the Tax Invoice (the due date), which can sometimes be a date well in advance of the day of arrival because of peak periods.
If you do not pay the deposit by the due date, Naracoorte Cottages has the right to cancel your booking and attempt to seek a new booking by another guest.
If you do not pay the tariff by the due date, Naracoorte Cottages has the right to cancel your booking and attempt to seek a new booking by another guest.
If you have made a direct booking with Naracoorte Cottages and you wish to cancel the booking for any reason, you must notify the cancellation to the owner/manager Richard Peake on 0408 810 645 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Naracoorte Cottages will refund, in full, any money which you have paid in advance provided that you have notified the cancellation to Richard Peake by not later than 30 days prior to the first day of the booking.
If you notify the cancellation in less than 30 days prior to the first day of the booking, Naracoorte Cottages reserves the right to keep any money which you have paid in advance, whether a deposit or part or all of the tariff, unless Naracoorte Cottages is able to re-let the house for the entire period of the booking for an equivalent tariff. If a refund is made due to the house being re-let, Naracoorte Cottages reserves the right to retain a $50 cancellation fee.
If Naracoorte Cottages accepts a booking without payment in advance and if you have provided credit card details and you do not honour the booking (a “no show”), Naracoorte Cottages reserves the right to charge the whole of the tariff to the credit card unless Naracoorte Cottages has been able to re-let the house for the entire period of the booking for an equivalent tariff.
If Naracoorte Cottages accepts a booking without payment in advance and if you have not provided credit card details, and you do not honour the booking (a “no show”), Naracoorte Cottages will charge or invoice you for the whole of the tariff unless Naracoorte Cottages has been able to re-let the house for the entire period of the booking for an equivalent tariff.
If you have booked through an Online Travel Agent or other agent, a cancellation will be dealt with according to their policies.
2. Alterations to booking. Naracoorte Cottages will make every effort to ensure the house is available as booked. However Naracoorte Cottages reserves the right to alter bookings due to unforeseen circumstances, including an inadvertent error by Naracoorte Cottages owner/manager Richard Peake, housekeeper or agent, and will make every endeavour to provide an alternative house.
When you make a booking, you are liable to pay Naracoorte Cottages the tariff quoted for the number of guests and the number of nights. Naracoorte Cottages reserves the right to cancel the booking, and to keep any deposit paid in advance, if the agreed number of guests is decreased or if the length of the stay is decreased within 30 days of the first day of the stay, or if the number of guests who arrive is less than the number booked or if the length of the stay is decreased, without prior notification, unless you agree to pay the full tariff. As the person who makes the booking, you are liable to pay Naracoorte Cottages the tariff for any additional guests or nights.
If you alter the number or type of guests (eg adults and children, singles and couples) or the length of the stay, Naracoorte Cottages reserves the right to provide an alternative house to the house booked. If you refuse the offer of an alternative house, Naracoorte Cottages reserves the right to cancel the booking and refund the deposit or any money paid.
3. Please note that Naracoorte has a 3-night minimum booking period at Christmas and Easter.
4. Check-in time. The usual check-in time is 3pm. Variations can be negotiated.
5. Check-out time. The usual check-out time is 10.30am. Variations can be negotiated.
C. HOUSE RULES
1. Standard. Naracoorte Cottages aims always to provide a consistently high standard of accommodation. To help maintain this standard, Naracoorte Cottages asks you to comply with certain conditions. Naracoorte Cottages appreciates that you aim to respect its houses but also asks that you avoid the possibility of occurrences beyond normal wear and tear. Our reputation is very important to us, so if there is anything which you are not satisfied with, when you arrive or during your stay, please phone the duty housekeeper or another housekeeper, or Richard Peake, so that it can be attended to immediately if possible.
2. Gatherings. The tariff charged is only for domestic use by the number of guests who have been booked; and the tariff is not for functions, parties and commercial events unless prior written agreement has been obtained from Naracoorte Cottages. The Bed and Breakfast house is not a “party house”. The tariff does not allow for the extra wear and tear associated with functions, parties and commercial events in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, repairs, breakages etc. If you use the house contrary to this condition, you will be liable to pay additional charges. This House Rule is not intended to prevent you from, within reason, having family, friends and colleagues to visit you at the house or to prevent you from having people for a meal etc provided that your visitors do not stay overnight.
You are not entitled to park caravans, campervans, recreational vehicles, mobile homes, Winnebagos or to erect tents or any other form of external and/or mobile accommodation in or near the grounds of any of Naracoorte Cottages’ houses in order to accommodate other guests. You are not entitled to allow people who have not been booked to stay overnight in our accommodation.
3. Damage. Any damage, breakages, theft and loss are your responsibility as the guest who made the booking regardless of who caused the damage, breakage, theft or loss.
4. State. You should leave the house in a similar condition to the condition you found it in when you arrived.
5. Amenity. Naracoorte Cottages’ houses are in residential areas of the town. Please respect the privacy and quiet enjoyment of neighbours and please do not create noise or disturbance, or indulge in anti-social behaviour, which offends neighbours.
6. Animals. Pets are not allowed inside the houses. You also do not have the right to bring dogs, cats, birds or other animals to the Bed and Breakfast properties without prior approval. If evidence (e.g. hair, fur, smell, scratches, soiled items, damaged screen doors etc) is found of pets being inside the houses, Naracoorte Cottages has the right to charge you a fee for additional cleaning based on the hourly rate of our housekeepers, the use of cleaning materials, the hire of professional cleaners and the repair of damage and/or replacement of items. In particular, if you have been given prior approval to bring a dog and to house it outside, you are asked to ensure that, the dog does not scratch or shred doors, door frames and screens.
7. Personal Property. Naracoorte Cottages is not responsible for the personal property of you and your fellow guests. If personal property is left, Naracoorte Cottages will endeavour to return it to you at your expense, usually by COD mail.
8. Security. Please close and/or lock doors and windows when you and your fellow guests are absent from the house in order to maintain security and to prevent unauthorised entry, rain damage, theft of property etc.
9. Smoking. Naracoorte Cottages does not allow smoking inside its houses. Smoking is allowed on verandahs, under carports and in outside areas of the properties. If evidence is found of smoking inside a house, Naracoorte Cottages has the right to charge you a fee for additional cleaning.
10. Air conditioning etc. Please turn off air conditioning, lights and appliances before you leave the house. The over-use of electricity is expensive and impacts greatly on the level of prices which we charge.
We accept these credit cards but please note the surcharges: Visa Card and Master Card (2 per cent) and American Express (3 per cent).